Thursday, February 25, 2010

How can I get hair spray/products out of fabric recliner?

I have an older recliner that is fabric. Over the years I've used different hair products and from laying my head back on the recliner it has accumulated onto the fabric. Any suggestions on how to get this out/off?How can I get hair spray/products out of fabric recliner?
Use a fabric cleaning solvent, or a mixture of warm water and a few tablespoons of white vinegar to begin cleaning the stained area. Test this solution first in a place that isn't easily seen in case it causes your fabric to change color. Still using clean, white cloths, blot the solution on the stain and rub gently from the outside of the stain to the center of the stainHow can I get hair spray/products out of fabric recliner?
You can try spray on fabric shampoo, following the directions in the can. Or you could use a hand held steamer, and wipe, wipe, wipe with microfiber cloths. Or you could use the upholstery attachment on a rug shampooer, which is probably the best way to go.





In the future, keep a small hand towel that blends with your decor


on the spot where you rest your head. Looks tacky, I know, but


you can stash it when you have guests.
Try some upholstery spray and a damp rag.
lick it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment